Chapter 3: Things that make you go Boom!

 


[Advance. cleared Discoveries legacy box: I took the 2nd ability of Fugitive: When you make a move by hiding, concealing your identity, or fleeing from a pursuer, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.]
[Ask the Oracle. Do the Raiders have a starship? Unlikely: No]
[Ask the Oracle. Have the Raiders contacted someone off-world to buy the Harvest? 50/50: Yes]
[Ask the Oracle. Is the person here to buy the Harvest right now? Unlikely: No]
[Face danger +shadow (going to try and sneak around). 6+4+0=10 vs 4|3:Strong Hit. You are successful +1 momentum (already 10)]
[Gather Information +wits. 4+3+0=7 vs 10|1: Weak Hit: the information provides new insight, but also complicates your quest. +1 momentum (already 10). Reach a milestone (He saw the Crates of the Harvest (4 boxes)]

The Raider camp was situated on the bank of a large river, hidden amongst trees on all sides. A firepit, with a spit, was cooking some type of jungle animal while a few wooden spears held other animal kills nearby. A raider sat at the fire tending the food. 

The raiders had nine metal homes spread around the town with a larger central structure in the middle of town. In front of one of the homes is a workbench with a Raider working on something.

A few Raiders were talking by the door of the central building while two Raiders could be seen patrolling the two entrances into town.

Flynt crept slowly around the camp, keeping himself hidden within the cover of the trees, watching the Raiders are learning their patterns and the layout of the camp. 

Towards the back of the camp was a large landing pad that looks like it was made by amateurs. A few crates were stacked next to the pad under a tarp to protect them from the constant rains. A Skiff loaded with what looked like the same crates that held the Harvest was parked alongside the landing pad. A guard was stationed there watching the crates.

Behind the landing pad were the vehicles the raiders had been using. Two Rovers and three Hoverbikes were parked there. One of the Rovers looked to be armed with a turreted cannon. All the vehicles looked to be in good condition and fairly new.

Flynt made his way back to his Skiff and traveled back to the caves he found earlier that morning. Flynt hid the Skiff along the side of the caves and covered it up with the brush.

[face danger +shadow (trying to hide the Skiff from view). 2+4+0=6 vs 6|9: Miss: It's very noticeable if people happen to walk by] 

Happy with his job, Flynt grabbed some food as he made the long trek back to the Raider camp on foot. It took him most of the afternoon and when he finally made it back to the camp the sun was setting and the jungle was quiet.

[Ask the oracle. Is there a lot of light from the moon tonight? 50/50: Yes]

As the night wore on, Flynt stayed hidden near the back of the camp close to the vehicles. There was a full moon providing enough light for Flynt to see what he was doing but it also gave the Raiders opportunities to see Flynt.

[Face Danger +shadow (Planting explosives on the vehicles. Setting charges to 3). 6+4+0=10 vs 4|3: Strong Hit: You are successful +1 momentum (already at 10)]

Under the cover of night, Flynt crept through the trees and made it to the vehicles without being spotted and began planting explosives on each one, except for the Skiff. Flynt set the charge for overcharged because he wanted to make sure each vehicle was taken out of commission for his plan to work. 

[Battle +shadow +Demolitionist. 4+4+0=8 vs 4|2: Strong Hit: you achieve your objective unconditionally. You and any allies who joined the battle may take +2 momentum (Still at 10).]

Flynt stayed to the shadows as best he could and crept up behind the guard, knife in hand, and slit his throat without raising any alarms. He jumped onto the Skiff and hit the trigger to the explosives. 

After a moment a loud explosion rocked the camp as all of the vehicles exploded, men began stirring in their houses as Flynt put the Skiff in gear and took off down the river.

[Face Danger +Shadow (Did anyone notice Flynt fleeing?. 6+4+0=10 vs 2|3: Strong Hit: No one saw him. Reach a milestone on his vow (6 boxes)]

Flynt took the trip back to where he hid the other skiff and once there, transferred the other crate onto the new Skiff and set a course back to town. Before leaving Flynt set an explosive and blew up the Skiff.

[Set a course +skiff. 3+4+0=7 vs 7|3 Weak Hit. Burning Momentum (now 2): Strong Hit: you reach your destination and the situation there favors you. Take +1 momentum (3)]

Flynt raced through the night, putting as much distance as he could between him and the Raider camp. Without their vehicles though it will take them a few days to reach Selena Settlement.

The sun was high in the sky as Flynt finally made it back to Selena, A few guards were standing at the gates waiting for me. As I approached the gate, one of the guards broke away from the group and raised his hand to stop me. 

"Stop, What is your business here?" The guard asked.

"Are you serious?" Flynt said as he pointed to the crates behind him on the Skiff. "Go get Juliana and let me in the damn town before we have a problem."

[Compel +iron: 2+2+0=4 vs 3|3 Strong hit with a match: they’ll do what you want or agree to your conditions. Take +1 momentum. I'm giving an extra momentum because of the match so +2 (5). Reached a milestone on the vow. (8 boxes)]

The guards opened the gate so Flynt could drive the Skiff into town. By the time he got inside, Juliana was there to greet him.

"You did it! You actually did it!" Juliana said as she began to grin. "And what about the Raiders?"

"They are going to be a little pissed and probably come back here in a few days. I destroyed their vehicles so you have some time to prepare." Flynt said. "Where do you want this stuff?"

Juliana got on the Skiff and brought them to a storage shed where some of the people from the town began unloading the Skiff. Once everything was unloaded, Juliana took Flynt to her office.

[Reach a milestone (10 boxes). Progress Roll: Retrieve the harvest of the Achonpetta plant from the raiders. : Strong Hit = 10 vs 7 | 4 Mark 2 ticks on Quest legacy track.]
[Make a connection with Juliana +heart. 2+2+0=4 vs 2|2. Strong hit with a match: you create a connection. Give them a role and rank. Whenever your connection aids you on a move closely associated with their role, add +1 and take +1 momentum on a hit.]

Juliana grabbed a bottle of wine and poured Flynt a glass, before pouring one for herself. She raised the glass to Flynt. 

"To a job well done," Juliana said.

Flynt raised the glass before downing the wine in one gulp as Juliana sipped her wine and sat in her chair.

"So if what you say is true, the Raiders will be coming here soon huh?"

"I destroyed all their land vehicles and I didn't see any starships, but they did have a landing pad for them," Flynt said as he got up and poured himself another drink. "My best guess is that they will be coming back for revenge since the only thing missing was the Harvest."

Juliana nods as she takes another sip of her wine. "And I can't convince you to stay and help us, can I?"

"Not a chance. I'm out of this dump. I've got bigger fish to fry and staying here right now won't help me." 

"What's so important that you're willing to let the most important resource in this Sector fall into the hands of Raiders, and possibly kill us all?" Juliana said as she put her drink on the desk.

"I've been looking for someone and he isn't here. Time for me to move on." Flynt said as he finished his wine and put the glass on the desk.

"Who are you looking for? Maybe I can help."

"I'm looking for a man by the name of Nassar Griffin, he calls himself Mantis. He runs the Specters of the Ancient Court but I doubt you've heard of him in this dump."

[Ask the Oracle. Has Juliana heard of them? Small Chance (98): Yes]
[Ask the Oracle. Does Juliana have the information that Flynt needs? 50/50: (84) Yes]

"Believe it or not, a lot of people pass through this dump as you call it. I know who the Specters are, and I do have information that may be of use to you." Juliana said as she sits back in her chair and smiled.

"Well, What do you know?" 

"Not so fast," Juliana said.

"Tell me what I need to know, now," Flynt said as he got up out of his chair and put his hand on his blaster.

"You aren't going to hurt me," Juliana said with a smile. "If you do, you'll never find out what I know."

"Lady, you have no idea who I am or what I've done."

[Compel +Iron. 3+2+0=5 vs 3|8: Weak Hit. +1 momentum (6), but their agreement comes with a demand.]

"Very well, Since you won't help us with the Raiders there is something you can do for me in exchange for the information I have."

Flynt sighs as he sits back down in the chair. "What do you need?"

"I want you to take the harvest of Achonpetta and deliver it to Reprise and while you're there get us some items we need and have them sent back to us. I'll give you a list that you can trade the Achonpetta for."

"What's Reprise?" Flynt asks.

"You really aren't from around here huh. Reprise is a settlement on the planet Ory, a rocky planet in the Ory system. Reprise deals in trade, medicine, and if you know where to look, illegal trade as well." 

"Sounds like my kind of place," Flynt says with a smile.

"Swear on that iron necklace you have, that you'll deliver the harvest and I'll tell you what I know."

Flynt grabbed his Iron necklace. "I swear on Iron that I will deliver your Harvest of Achonpetta to Reprise and get the items you need to be delivered back to you."

[Swear an iron vow (Dangerous) +heart +connection.  I swear on Iron that I will deliver your Harvest of Achonpetta to Reprise and get the items you need to be delivered back to you: 4+2+1=7 vs 6|7: Weak Hit +1 momentum (7)]
[Develop your relationship with Juliana. Mark progress on connection with her. (2 boxes now)]

"Very well," Juliana says as she begins typing on her computer. After a few minutes, she pulls out a data chip and hands it to Flynt. "Here is all the information you need to deliver the Harvest and what we need. You have to meet with a man named Vesper Bridger, he will be able to get the stuff we need and take the Harvest off your hands."

Flynt took the datachip and slipped it into his handcomp and downloaded the data before handing back the chip. "And what about the information I seek?"

Juliana sighs. "You need to find a woman who goes by the name Slag. She's a scavenger that lives in Osseus Colony on the planet Mistral, in the Mistral system. She's been in contact with a member of the Specters."

"Who was she in contact with and why?" Flynt asked.

Juliana shrugs. "I couldn't tell you. I just know that she was. She asked me if I knew the Specters in a message she sent me recently that came by Courier." 

[mark progress on main vow (1 tick)]

"I'll do what I promised. Hopefully, I won't be back this way."

"It's been a pleasure, Whisper," Juliana said.

"For you maybe," Flynt said as he got up and left the office.

[End of scene move: Will Flynt make it to Reprise with the Achonpetta and get the supplies, Selena, needs? +1 moment (8)]
[End of Session Stats: Momentum 8, Health 5, Spirit 5, Supply 5. Acquired a Skiff as payment for services rendered. Marked progress of main epic vow (1 tick). Started a new vow (dangerous) for Juliana]


Comments

  1. I was expecting something to go terribly wrong at some point, surprisingly things went your way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 2: Welcome to the Jungle

Chapter 1: What's happening at Selena Settlement?